Decor for future Faerie garden and other junque

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Oct 15, 2007.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Saturday's trip to the thrift store was to find things for the faerie garden. I chose the location for the garden, put the fire pit ring in place and filled it with dirt. I know which plants I want to find next spring....a Polka Dot plant, English Thyme, Chocolate Chip Ajuga, a mini rose, Hens and Chicks to start with I think.

For the decor I found these cute little mushrooms and that ceramic birdbath complete with tiny bluebirds on the edge. I don't know if the butterfly feeder will actually have fluttery visitors but for $1 I thought I would try.
    [​IMG]

The homemade clay pot front right looks like it will make a cute wishing well. What looks like a table top loaded with berries was originally a jar candle lid but will be a picnic table for the fey. The little terra cotta looking things are napkin rings but look like they could be planters if I can find a plant for them. The funky wooden flower will eventually hold a gazing ball, probably a painted golf ball.
    [​IMG]

I couldn't resist the two watering cans and the planter.
    [​IMG]

This little holder is intended to hold paper plates "Country China" ;) I won't use it for that, probably will become a pot plant holder our front, but the pickets were just too cool to pass up.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Your faerie garden is really going to look the part Toni. Please keep us photographically updated. You never know, you may even have some residents before you know it.

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

You certainly got a good haul. I especially like those mushrooms. The fairies will adore them. 8)

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I am so looking forward to seing that faerie garden when you're done, Toni.

Advertisement
  6. redrose

redrose Seedling

So many wonderful finds! The butterfly bath is so adorable! I love your creative thinking - napkin holders as little pots, the jar candle lid becomes a picnic. I look forward to seeing the final product!

7. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Great finds, can't wait to see your faerie garden, Toni. :)

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I love those mushrooms, the birdbath, the picnic table and the hand made pot!!! The pot will definately make a fantastic wishing well. I hope you get your faerie garden finished soon Toni as I'm impatient to see everything in place. :stew1:

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Awesome haul Toni! Can't wait to see it all done. I also bought a butterfly feeder for $1 recently. I guess I'll have to wait until next year to see if it works.

10. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

That is sweet..........

A fairy garden is so cute.......Who needs Disney world with you around????????

All I get is a cow garden when they get out of the pasture and get in my beds........ :D

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I just love your faerie garden, I also like your country china picket fence, it'd be fitting for a pot of flowers. Do keep us updated.

12. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I love your finds and can't wait to see pictures. You really have a good imagination and eye to picture how you will use things. Keep us posted ;)

13. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I sure do like all your great finds .You really did good can't wait to see it .My little fairy garden needs to be be redone its a mess right now.