Decorate/accessorize with large cream colored sofa

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Morfam, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Morfam

Morfam New Seed

I need some help. I painted my living area a soft brown to tie in with some cranberry colored sofas I had. I also have the whole room trimmed with off white crown and base molding.Long story short, the cranberry sofas were damaged by a contractor and I purchased a cream colored sectional. I love the brown on the walls, but with the creme sofa, everything seems so light. I really do not want to paint all over again if I don't have to, but I will if I can't get it all to flow. Any suggestions to make the new creme sofa feel more at home?

I am going to try to post a picture.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

How about just using cranberry coloured throws and cushions? As you painted the room originally with your cranberry sofas in mind then you wouldn't have to redecorate and the cranberry accessories would look great against the cream of your new furniture. :-D

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I agree with eileen. If that doesn't work, I'll bring my children over. They love to eat yoghurt, chocolate and other sticky stuff on the furniture, so it will look old in no time! :D

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Morfam, I agree with Eileen also. You will have a lot of possibilities to make everything blend if you employ a few carefully chosen throws :D Let us know if you need an opinion on future throw choices.

6. Morfam

Morfam New Seed

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I will do the cranberry accessories. I just wanted to get another's viewpoint because I didn't know if that would be to much of a contrast. At first I was going to play safe and just use more neutrals.

I have been browsing the site and I am in LOVE with all of the content. Looking forward to being apart of this and other forums.