Did you watch

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by marlingardener, Jun 25, 2022.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is mostly for US members, but anyone can chime in and be welcome!
    Did you watch Great American Recipes on PBS Friday night? It features "home cooks" from around the country making a dish that represents their region, or their background.
    We watched, and were so disappointed. It was an exact replica of a network show that had four judges tasting and commenting, then one cook was sent home. There was very little said about the recipes and techniques. We'll probably skip it next week.

Droopy likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Have never heard about that show but I rarely watch PBS !

4. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Here in the UK we get a lot of cooking programmes on TV, particularly on the BBC, sometimes they have two different cooking programmes on different channels at the same time.
    They even have a "best bits" series, if that wasn't an oxymoron.

They and any other sort of series, like buying property, antiques, gardening, stupid quiz programmes etc., that are all relatively cheap to make and that help fill the schedules. you're going to be inundated with them. I avoid them all.

But I do watch the end of the recording I make of the weekday daily "Garden Rescue" programme, just to see what the BBC has thrown anything between four and six thousand pounds of our money, plus the cost of the labour, on plants and materials, on a "quick fix" for a neglected suburban garden, which more than likely, will be neglected again.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Sjoerd likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ah mate, you let the other shows alone, but watch “Garden Rescue”. I’ll bet you have a crush on Charlie.

Advertisement
  6. Doghouse Riley

Not really, I find her annoying, she is one of those women who always has to be at the centre of things.
    She was in the BBC programme "Ground Force" back in the late nineties, when she was in her early thirties, I guess four stone lighter and obviously worked "bra-less," which brought her lot of attention in the media.

index.jpg

Not that I think she cares, she'll be 56 this year, mostly I guess, working outdoors, so time hasn't been kind to her.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2022
    Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I remember the Ground Force days with her and Tommy. I could laugh at the banter.
    I wasn’t being serious with you, you know. It was interesting to hear your take on this perhaps unlikely star of the telly screen.
    I too can tell that all the outside things that I have done in the past has made my skin a bit leathery.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  8. Doghouse Riley

Tommy has reappeared in a "House" programme, older, much thinner and I don't think he looks too well.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Sorry to hear about mr T. I always thought that he had a good sense of humour. I wonder what is going on with him.