Do Not Track Plus,.. On Your Computer.

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Philip Nulty, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Do not allow Websites you visit to track your movements and sell your likes and dislike records of where you visit and what products you like to the highest bidder Advertisement Firm,..now you can block ALL those tracking sites,..automatically,.. with the Free program "Do Not Track Plus",..it only takes a few seconds to,.. add on to your Web Browser,..and all you see on your toolbar is a small green circle,..you can see it on the top right of my Firefox Browser.

[​IMG]

After you have added it on to your Browser you need do nothing more,..the program will block all tracking firms,..the interesting part is that when you do visit ANY site you can click on the green circle to see how many tracking firms were blocked.

There is a video explaining all this program does,..check it out its well worth the time,..i t has a download for Internet Explorer as well,..but you can check what other Browser it will work with.

http://ct.download.com/clicks?t=1120695 ... WNLOAD&s=5

As it stands i never see advertisements on any site unless i look for an advertisement,..due to the following small program,..free as well.
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=a ... 2A&cad=rja
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

Karrma likes this.
  2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Philip, my hubby just saw the post this morning (I kept forgetting to tell him about it yesterday) checked it out and had me install it just now.
    Thank for the information

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Toni,
    thanks for the response,..and tell your husband he will raise an eyebrow when he clicks on the green circle when visiting internet sites,..i have a Facebook Account,..i checked the trackers,..there were 147 tracking firms (that's not an error)watching my posts,..not any more,lol.

4. okietriker

okietriker Seedling

I just downloaded it and it's now taking forever for any posts to come up including this reply. Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  5. toni

No problems here. Do you have dialup internet connection? The storms in your area could be the problem.

Have you restarted your browser yet? It doesn't start working until you do.

6. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi okietriker,
    no problem with me either,..as Toni suggested the storms could be the problem with the slow loading of the pages and posts,..that's a typical internet connection problem.

7. okietriker

okietriker Seedling

I restarted and it still was slow so I uninstalled it and now it's REAL fast again. Maybe it's a Windows 7 thing that it won't work? Is yours Windows 7? I have wireless internet.

8. toni

I have Linux as my operating system, we uninstalled the world's largest virus (Windows) from my computer a few years ago. ;) and Firefox is my browser.

9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Computers never cease to amaze me as to how they differ,..i have a Windows XP 2000 in use most of the time,..and behind me a Windows 7,..the difference is vast,..really i would prefer the old system,..but both have this program "Do Not Track Plus" installed with no problem,..so there you go.

Lol Toni,..the biggest Virus,..very true.

10. toni

My youngest daughter beat Vista into submission when it was on the computer we bought her. She disagrees about Windows being a virus...she says at least a virus does something. :rolleyes:

Okietriker, wireless internet is slower. Daughter tired to transfer some movies from her laptop to a backup and it took 9+ hours....she connected to the internet through a cable and it took less than an hour.
    We have FIOS from Verizon (our phone company) and can either be wireless or wired.

11. okietriker

okietriker Seedling

Our wireless is just as fast as the DSL we had at the other house. We're really happy with it, but for some reason this program really slowed it down. No telling what it is, just a computer thing.

12. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

We have W7 and Firefox with this Add on and the speed is the same as it was before.

13. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Palustris,
    i am pleased to hear that,..its a very handy little add on to your Browser.,..as i mentioned previously i was shocked to find there were 147 tracking companies following me in Facebook, :eek: .

14. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Try using Gmail and see how much tracking there is. Mind there are tracing elements on here too!

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Palustris,
    not that i have visited a lot of sites but i have clocked up 1060 trackers blocked in two days,..most were in Facebook,..and Gmail,..but Google had quite a few as well,..lol i did spot that the Stew is also guilty,..though where you have Advertisements in a forum you can expect this,..its something i never permitted when i was a Site Administrator,..though the offer of cash for those advertisements didn't tempt me,..on principle i don't force people to look at ads.