Does any member have photos of Salamanders

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Kildale, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Anyone have photos of North American salamanders? I'm trying to get all the official emblems of the States for my website. Many of the States have selected a salamander as the official emblem. Also a couple of frogs. I only have the green frog and bull frog for 5 or 6 of the States.

2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Kildale, I don't but can keep a lookout as spring appears. We have the black spotted salamander in our area, wood frogs & the typical green frogs. On rare occasions I've seen one that looks like a miniature cow plop! And another that flattens itself against our door, turning grey/white. Or maybe that's it's normal color.

I'm in Massachusetts. I'll keep a lookout.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Wish I could help you out Kildale. Sadly we don't get salamanders here or any of the frogs you're looking for.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Kildale, we don't have any photos of salamanders or frogs, except this tree frog. Can't take any photos any time soon because it's too cold, but when it warms up (March?) we'll keep an eye out and try for a photo. Texas tree frog.jpg

Advertisement
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

When we lived in New London Wi. we had black salamanders, I never did get a picture of them. They must have liked woods and swamps like all of the pine snakes and garter snakes we had. I have frog photos but finding them with all of the thousands of pictures on my computer is hard, if I come across any I will get back to you.

7. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Thank you all for the posts, only 23 states have an amphibian emblem. The green frog is chosen by Georgia and Louisiana. Will contact you by PM.