Does anyone know quality of ice crack vein porcelain?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by jackhuntington, Apr 20, 2013.

1. jackhuntington

jackhuntington New Seed

I came across a Chinese porcelain online store. Their collection look pretty amazing. Check
    moderator's note: removed website link, see point 1.1 of usage rules

I want to purchase one ice crack vein porcelain. They look so beautiful. But I don't know about the quality. Does anyone have experience in such porcelain?

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

not me, I came here to garden. I don't own anything of value and don't want to. Hope you find some help somewhere.

waretrop likes this.
  4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Jack, while you may have found a deal on-line, go to a reputable dealer and ask questions before you spend money. Then if you are satisfied you will at least have some idea of what to look for. Quality is almost never revealed by a picture or words, only when the product is in hand. So, buyer beware.

Jerry

SongofJoy57 likes this.
  5. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Excellent advice! I love a good deal, but I've gotten burned :rolleyes: I have bought several things off of ebay and been very fortunate!! (Knock on wood) but I've tried a few other sites and haven't been quite as lucky :-| I'd say check out your dealer, see if they have any reviews and sometimes you'll get the item at a killer price but end up making up for it in the postage and handling and packaging and........ :-?

SongofJoy57 likes this.

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

SongofJoy57 likes this.
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

Just to update this post,, did some checking since I had never heard that term, ice crack vein porcelain, its a term that a few dealers are attaching to older pieces to get a better/higher sale price. They are referring to normal crazing that happens on many china or porcelain pieces. Its cause is normal aging, uneven temperatures when washing/storing, ect. Its not some kind of unique porcelain.

stratsmom, Henry Johnson and carolyn like this.