Does anyone like programming?

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by HerbGod15, Jun 11, 2011.

1. HerbGod15

HerbGod15 New Seed

I'm just learning Java so I can make games across all OS. What is your favorite language?

2. Loading...

3. Delly

Delly In Flower

ummm my favorite language is English but sometimes I speak Portuguese just to change things up! LOL I have no idea about programming but kudos for you, I just wish I had the patience to try learning it!

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi HerbGod, programmer here. I use PHP as my primary language for years now. Started in college with Pascal, then progressed to COBOL, C++, some Assembly. In my working life it's been web-based languages like ASP and PHP.

I do like programming a lot, but I am under no illusions about my skill level. When I see certain programming chatter on some other forums it goes right over my head.

I have programmed using Java in the past also on some of my own projects.

Why does it feel like I have just written a CV :D

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Evil Roy here, I mainly use MUMPS. I've also used C# and SQL. I've used BASIC and Machine Code in days gone by. Way Way by actually. I ran a bulletin board back in the old dialup days. The original software was in BASIC, but it was heavily modified to fit my ideas. I later rewrote it in MUMPS. It's still running, Google "eclectic bbs" for more information on that one. However, as the Co-Chair for the Standards and Conventions Committee for the Department of Veterans Affairs, a lead programmer on one project, the "Developer of Record" on another, and active on a few other project, I stick mainly with MUMPS these days. I can also swear in English, Spanish, Yiddish, and Czech.

6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Ummm...just what was all that mumbo jumbo you both(Frank and evilroy) just typed? :D