Dog that counts deer! No really.

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Tooty2shoes, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

The other day I met a friend at the gas station where I was filling up the car. I noticed he had a good looking hound dog in the back of his pickup truck. I asked what he hunted with the dog. He said he used the dog to let him know how many deer where in any particular wooded area.
    I said..Ya right. He shot back. No I'm not kidding you. I taught him how to count deer. He said come on, follow me and we will go to a small woods just outside of town. So I said sure just to humor him.
    We got to the woods and he let out his hound and told him, deer count. Pointed him towards the woods and off he bounded. A few minutes later the dog returned and stood in front of his owner and barked 5 times. Sure enough, if 5 deer didn't run out of the one side of the woods. I said, ha right. That was just a fluke.
    He said no way. Come on, I'll take to down the road to a bigger woods. So we got to a bigger wooded area and off went the dog. About 10 min. passed and here comes the dog. Runs up to his owner and barks 11 times. In an minute or two here come 11 deer running out of the woods.
    I said to my friend that he rigged it in someway. He said no way. Come on, we will go to a really big woods and I'll show you my dog can count deer.
    So off we drove. We stopped in the middle of a huge cedar grove. Off went the dog with the same instructions. After 20 min. had passed I said that his dog must be lost. He said no way just give him a few more minutes. Well sure enough here comes the dog running out of the woods caring a big stick. He runs up to my friend and drops it on the ground in front of him. Then he picked up the stick and gave it a shake and dropped in down in front of him again.
    I said ya right. Look at your goofy dog. All he wants to do is play fetch.
    My friend looked at me like I was stupid. He said, don't you understand what he is trying to tell us. I said NO. He said, he's trying to tell us that there are more deer in that woods than you can shake a stick at. :D :D

cuatro-gatos and Donna S like this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Grooooaaaannnn--but oh so funny!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I knew what was coming but could I stop myself laughing anyway? NO WAY!! :D :D :D

5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I guess you could say that I have gone to the dogs. :D :D

6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine