Don't you just love Pieris plants - Anyone else have them?

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by Gail-Steman, Aug 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I've got two Pieris plants I brought them when they were very young but as they've matured in 8yrs, it turns out I have two different Pieris plants mixed together as the roots prove this now with maturity and they do a stunning show, especially when they develop the look of pearl drops and go red :smt049

Does any one else have them?...as they're a stunning feature to any garden :)

SDC15529 (2).JPG

Both of them in full colour together.

20180516_143718.jpg

Sjoerd and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Pieris Japonica...that's what I had...or at least what I TRIED to have. :( I could not get those plants to grow no matter how hard I tried. I planted three in a row as an accent. They didn't do much that first year. The next, the middle one died. The following year the one on the left died. I moved after that (not because of the plants! ;) ) but I did drive by my old house a couple years later, and that last one wasn't in evidence either. So yeah, I LOVE them, but at least in that house, simply could NOT grow them!!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hello @Ronni what a shame you lost them..we have acidic soil here and that's what they like, they're such a stunning plant..i had a lovely established one in a pot I paid £25 for. had it a couple of years and needed the ground, I had no room at the time but my step son wanted it, oh yes went to his and on the grass was the plant dumped and also dead :mad:….this is the soil they need mate ;)

Grows well in acidic, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil but may need some protection in winter when you.

5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

My last showering of flowers with my Pieris before winter comes.

20180930_133702.jpg

20180930_133643.jpg

Frank and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Pieris cut back for winter as they've both lost their dead leaves now and I have new shootings from both from the rooting.

IMG_20181112_140350_6 (2).jpg