Dubai

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by kate, Aug 4, 2016.

1. kate

kate In Flower

A fireman called Jassim Eissa al-Baloushi saved the lives of more than 300 people who were on board the Emirates plane when it crash-landed and burst into flames at Dubai International Airport.

He deserves a medal for bravery.

jassim.jpg
    R.I.P Jassim and thank you!

The passenger jet, carrying 300 people, crash-landed at Dubai International Airport and burst into flames.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum told a news conference that 14 people were taken to hospital as a result of the landing.

He said Emiratis should be proud of how he died "protecting life and saving people."

The Emirates CEO had earlier confirmed there were no fatalities among the passengers or crew, who were safely evacuated.

He also told reporters the crash was not caused by any breach of security, but added that authorities were still investigating the incident.

The airline confirmed flight EK521, carrying 282 passengers and 18 crew, was "involved in an accident" around 12.45pm local time.

http://news.sky.com/story/firefighter-dies-after-dubai-plane-crash-lands-10521135

Growingpains, eileen and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I saw this on TV. It could have been yet another tragedy. This man definitely is a hero.

3. kate

kate In Flower

I believe he deserves some recognition passed to his family, his family don't know just yet how he died.
    He is already at rest.
    "Everyone in RAK knows the heroism of my brother. He had saved many lives that were involved in accidents, and if you check Snapchat, you will find officials saying brave things that my brother did."
    K

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Like so many other fire fighters across the globe Jassim Eissa al-Baloushi was a true hero who put others lives before his own. RIP