Dying Mystery Tree

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by m2, Jul 29, 2005.

1. m2

m2 New Seed

I am back with a new dilema. My last one was solved so quickly and efficiently I thought I would bring up another strange thing growing in my yard. My tree!

I have two spruce type trees that look like GIANT bonsai trees. I used to hate the way they looked till I realized I could pull the branches anyway I want to get them to look/grow the way I choose. Neat eh!

The problem only exists with one of the two trees. The larger one. Only the outer edges of the branges will grow. The inner part of the tree has nothing but dead branches. Is there any way of reclaiming this tree? It is pretty space for the most part and no matter how much pulling I do I cannot "comb oover the bald spots"( :rolleyes: Bald Joke :eek: ).

I will not to cut the tree down as it is the perfect tree for kids (of all ages) but would like to see more life in it.

Any suggestions?
    Oh and if anybody could identify it, that would be good to.

Thanks.

Myles

2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

tree

I don't know what kind of tree it is, but I think the little boy is cute. All trees should come equipped with boys. I have three boys, all grown now.I have two grandsons about that age. Boys are a blessing. Dooley

Girls , too, I guess. I never had any of those. Sorry about the tree.

4. m2

m2 New Seed

Thanks Dooley.

Boys Rock! No offense to girls though. :D

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Myles,

Since this topic is pretty old you may have already solved the mystery tree question. I can't really tell from the pictures what type of foliage your tree has but it reminds me of the Cedar Elm trees that are native to Texas.

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/cedarelm.html

Toni