"'ear! 'ear!"

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

On rare occasions, I suffer from Benign Positional Vertigo, where you can lose your balance for a few seconds. Usually caused by obstructions in your ear, like wax.
    My hearing has been unaffected.
    I had this problem months ago and my doctor after examining me said I needed my ears syringed and suggested I make an appointment at the clinic. Then Covid came along and that put paid to that. I was using the olive oil ear drop treatment in the meantime and not had any trouble for months. But I made an appointment once the clinic was up and running. I went this morning, it took the nurse the best part of three quarters of an hour to clear a lot of wax in both ears. With the combination of washing and the use of something similar to a Shark vacuum cleaner.

We've been having fun this afternoon, with my wife when talking to me using a very quiet voice, starting with, "Can you hear me?" and me constantly asking her to turn down the sound on the TV.

Logan and eileen like this.
  2. mart

mart Strong Ash

My hubby has the same problem,, excessive ear wax along with hearing loss from the ships he was on in the Army ! But we found a product here that solves that problem if used regularly ! It has the same peroxide based stuff that other products use but this has a pump sprayer that works great. Just fill with very warm water ! Will check for the name and post it later ! Its worth a try !