Emoticons and Other Images

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by azw1879, Apr 9, 2006.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

I've only recently started using the emoticons. They are great :) and definitely add humour to the posts :D However, I wondered where the other images used were obtained from and is it possible to add more image selections to my computer somehow ? :?

C.J.

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

What other images are you referring to C.J. I will gladly help you out if I knew that. I will guess that you are talking about images people post of their gardens and such. Well if you take photos with your camera and transfer them to your computer I suggest reading this topic http://www.gardenstew.com/about4115.html to learn how to display them on the site ;)

4. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Thanks. Yes. However, it was more about the illustrations and animated images such as the emoticons, etc. I'm still stumbling my way through computer-operation, but I like the idea of using graphics to enhance posts with humour, etc., or celebrating occasions such Christmas, or a decorative illustration as an addition to the post itself. I was curious to know if it was possible to obtain other images to use in posts, using the same method as the emoticons, clicking on an image for it to appear in the text ?

I'll have to build up my technical knowledge a bit more before I attempt anything more adventurous on my computer. :?

C.J.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi CJ,

I get a lot of my animations from http://Heathersanimations.com

The rest I just Google for "free animations" and take my pick. Remember though many sites don't like you to hotlink.

Advertisement
  6. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I had maybe missed an images option on this site, other than emoticons.

C.J. :)

7. jnnwyman

jnnwyman Seedling

AZW,

Go over to the Member's Gallery forum and click onto "Signature Graphics & Where to Get Them".

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

9. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Thankyou :D

C.J. ;)