Endearments. Do you use them?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Discussing Grandparent names, and it made me think of this.

I am the Queen of endearments!! Honey, sweetheart, baby, darlin', lovely, angel....I use them all, often to the exclusion of the actual name of the person!!

Ron is always "baby." He often refers to me as "love" less often as "baby." My kids are always one of the names above, depending. I tend to shorten or otherwise change names of the people I'm closest too, grandkids especially. One of my granddaughter's names is Lucy, but to me she is always LuluBelle! River is Rivs, Milo is Mino. One of my granddaughters in Cali is Katey-Bug, never just Katey. One of my other grandkids here is Boo, her next youngest sister is Karleigh-Bear or just Bear, and the youngest, Ella, is Bea.

I refer to my 4 grandgirls in California as Grams' Girls, the 3 from one family as Gramma's Girls, and the three from my daughter as Bee's babies. With a couple of exceptions (like Lorelei became Boo when she was tiny because I melted when I saw her in her first Halloween costume of a ghost and called her my Boo Baby...and it stuck) I have no idea how this all evolved, it just sort of happened.

What about you guys? Do you use endearments? Pet names?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Do bu** head and jerk face count??? Seriously tho no pet names or endearments used here.

Odif and Gail-Steman like this.
  4. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Reminds me of a teacher colleague who was trying to find out a child's father's name (in the days when children actually had two parents of different gender co-habiting)Child did not know. "What does your Mother call him?" was the question asked. "Darling," was the bright reply.

5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

No short names used here for the grandkids and when I speak to other people who know me for example (Hello cock) is used….where I was born these phrases are used besides Babe.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

No pet names or shortened names here either for family or friends. I don't know why we just never do it.:shrug:

7. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

I refer to my paternal grandparents as Grandmere and Grandpere.