Excellent Aid For Older Gardener

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Daniel W, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I bought this at a local store.

In the down position, it's a kneeling pad. Those handles make standing up much less difficult! The knee pads have just the right amount if support.

[​IMG]

In the up position it's a seat for resting and listening to birds and drinking coffee. And working in raised beds.

[​IMG]

It folds up nicely for storage.
    [​IMG]

All it needs is a heavy duty pouch on each side for hand gardening tools. Maybe with easy - removal so tools don't fall out when it's flipped over. I can come up with sewing project to make one! :like:

I used this today for weeding and for planting sweetcorn and plants. What a difference - I can work on my knees AND stand up again without looking like a comedy act (a sad and embarrassing and frustrating one).

i imagine there are lots of brands of these. I bought this one locally, at a discount store.

Frank, waretrop, donm and 4 others like this.
  2. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Great product! It's not just for the elderly. As this will also assist people who are in rehab - Like I know a person who is recovering from a car accident, and still likes working in the garden, (but is now limited). So this would be ideal for him, until his recovery is complete.

Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats on your new kneeler. My Bride use ours daily, sometimes to kneel on and sometimes to sit on and bend forward to tie plants in.

Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Hey hey hey Daniel! Love mine that I got for Christmas! ( And it is encouraging me to not plant my rows not so close together :rolleyes:). I use it to kneel and sit...and I love the side handles to help up, especially when knees are creaky.

Did yours come with side tool pouches?? Mine did but I'm going to nail them to the wall of my new garden shed.

I think I need to get a second one...bench for the foreman and kneeler for the gardener. :)

Sjoerd and Daniel W like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I got one of those for my Mom and I brought it back home when we cleaned out their house. I am ready!

Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  6. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

@Melody Mc. mine did not come with side pockets. I do have a big scrap of denim, so I plan to make them.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  7. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I wonder how it works for kneeling in prayer before an atm machine?

Droopy, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

DM— Cackle.

9. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

If anyone can create a good side pocket it is you Daniel W. :setf_006:I'm sure it will be better than the ones that came with it.

The side pockets that came with mine worked okay-ish for me if I kept it in the kneeling mode - but when I fold it or take it anywhere they interfere with the handles for so they have to come off and my stuff fell out :suspicious:. Plus I can't grip the sides because the canvas covers them. Others may really enjoy them. The concept is good. Maybe you can contract the ones you make to the company as new and improved. :)

Attached Files:

Sjoerd and Droopy like this.
  10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I need to find something similar. My head and my body are not in agreement when it comes to what our age is, but I see one of those in my near future.

Sjoerd likes this.