Finally a End to the Rain train

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by cajuncappy, Apr 29, 2015.

1. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

It has been extremely wet in the soggy south keeping us out of the yard. I got up this morning to sun shine:headbang:for the first time in a long while. If the weather guessers are right the soggy south is in for several days of dry weather and temps in the 70's. The standing water is receding and it may dry up enough to mow by as early as tomorrow afternoon. Since the bayous are high and muddy we are planning to make this a play in the yard week end. We will let yall know how it goes. I haven't made it to the garden box yet but I know for sure that there will be bush beans for the picking.

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I share your joy--we have a sunny, breezy day with the high temperature to be in the low 70's. Everything is still too soggy to work outside in the yard or the gardens, but I can soak up the sunshine and make plans for tomorrow!
    Bush beans? Mine haven't even blossomed yet :(.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

After two weeks of sunshine we're now enduring wintery downpours of snow mixed with hail. I'm so glad that you are going to be having some sun and warm temperatures and I hope you'll be able to get out and play like you want to. Maybe you could drop a hint to the weather gods and ask them to bring the sunshine back to Scotland.