Finally Got My Patio Chess Pieces

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by azw1879, May 21, 2007.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Finally managed to get a Garden Patio Chess Set (only £30), plastic, biggest piece about 7"-8" high. Not exactly Giant, but they certainly tower over standard chess pieces. They are supplied with a folding PVC chessboard, not suitable for being a permanent feature, but more for 'fun' play, able to be taken back inside the house. I'll have to look for tiles or mini-slabs to make a chessboard which can remain fixed in the garden that are weatherproof and not slippy, without cracking in the colder winter temperatures. At least now I've got the chess pieces to take measurements from. It's a start.

C.J. :-D

P.S. You know the pieces are so well designed, for a chess enthusiast, they could also be used as ornaments for around the house, keeping a chess theme throughout. Next project perhaps ? ;)

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm really pleased you managed to find those chess pieces CJ and at such a good price too. You must show us some piccies of them once you have them set out in your garden.

4. hummingbird3172

hummingbird3172 In Flower

I've never seen these before! My husband loves chess, I'll have to tell him about it!

5. wayne

wayne New Seed

love chess, would like to see pics if possible ,fine idea. Do you play online? If so will play at one of the sites.