Finally! Some pics of my recent purchases

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by travelingbooklover, Apr 28, 2008.

1. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

Thanks to Frank, I was able to get some pictures uploaded. I went to the plant souk and went a little crazy this weekend...
    [​IMG]
    Bougainvillea.
    [​IMG]
    I know one is coreopsis but not sure what the other are.
    [​IMG]
    Gardenias and jasmine. Everywhere I live, I have to have gardenias. Makes each place feel like home.
    I spent yesterday getting my soil amended and some plants planted. I was looking forward to getting out there today and then another dust storm hit. Sigh..

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh boy you certainly did go a little crazy didn't you?!!! It's a nice crazy though and we're all infected by the same kind here at GardenStew. :D You bought some lovely plants. I hope the dust storm passes over quickly so that you can get back outdoors.

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Some great additions to your garden...I am still waiting to get out and plant..snowing today but they said it wouldn't accumulate.we need spring here that stays...

5. travelingbooklover

There's always tomorrow

The dust storm is supposed to end tonight. I will be outside again tomorrow! I am trying to resist the urge to go back to the plant souk. I found one absolutely wonderful vendor. His prices were about an 1/8 of what I would have paid in the U.S. and he is really nice. As my Arabic isn't great and his English was as limited, a lot of our communication was "sign" language and expressions. He steered me away from what he called "bad" plants. I had to go back the next day. I love finding bargains and meeting great people.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

They are all lovely. Congratulations on your craziness, good result. :D Those small, blue ones, are they Lobelia perhaps?

7. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

I've started some coreopsis from seed. But seeing how I've never done this before we'll have to see how they turn out.

They are all very beautiful and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have seeing them here.

Thanks for sharing.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great plants, lots of color.
    What always amazes me is the fact that the plants I have in my garden are also in gardens in just about every part of the world.

Off to check your post with more pictures.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Great buys! I think that one is Nierembergia and the other Lobelia.

10. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Looks like fun! I've got some bareroot perennials started, but it's way too early to put out any annuals here. It's great to see everyone else's colorful gardens, and I know mine won't be too far behind.

11. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

You have some beautiful plants and pretty colors. Maybe you will be able to get them planted soon.

12. travelingbooklover

Thank you

Thank you all for your wonderful posts. Droopy and Netty, I looked them up and you are right, they are Lobelia and Nierembergia. I have about half of the plants in now and thanks to everyone's help with identifying the plants, I knew where to put them. Couldn't have done it without all of you! I don't know what I was thinking when I left all of my gardening books back in the U.S. I assumed I could find books about gardening here but all I have found is books about gardening elsewhere in the world. Thanks again!