Finding artwork for over fireplace

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by jane04k, Jan 14, 2010.

1. jane04k

jane04k New Seed

I have caramel-colored couches, a greyish rug on dark brown wooden floors, and these pillows in the image. The walls will be pained a taupe color and the fireplace is standard white w/marble. I'm having trouble finding artwork that will match what I have currently. I don't want anything too crazy, would prefer something that just blends in to the room, not too much color. I really like the Restoration Hardware vintage map prints but those are a bit expensive. I'm trying to stay away from flowers/botanical prints. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from jane04k's Garden )

[/img]

2. Loading...

3. HeatherM

HeatherM New Seed

You can try a store like Bed Bath and Beyond or Hobby Lobby.

It sounds like everything you have in neutral. It might be nice to bring in more color as well. Even small accessories can make a huge difference.
    Good Luck!

4. Elese

Elese New Seed

Hi, Those pillows are beautiful. I actually sell art on ebay. I do not know if any of my work would fit the bill; but as a resource there is lots of original art for sale there that is comparable to prices found in stores. And you get the benefit of having something unique. Post here what you eventually find.
    Elese