First Trip to the Ballet

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by WTxDaddy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. WTxDaddy

WTxDaddy In Flower

My daughter was invited to go see the Nutcracker Ballet this afternoon with a friend from her pre-K class. She made a nice craft gift for her friend and then, posed for me in front of the tree. I just saw her off. I hope she has fun & behaves at the ballet!

[​IMG]

[/img][​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

This is probably the first of many ballets for you and your daughter. More than likely she will be in the Nutcracker one of these day. She looks like a little ballerina ;)

4. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

I hope she enjoys herself, she looks precious.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

She'll have a great time! And she looks like an angel, I'm sure you don't have to worry about her behaving WTxDaddy.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You have a daughter to be really proud of WT and she certainly looks gorgeous all dressed up for her first time at the ballet. :stew1:

7. WTxDaddy

WTxDaddy In Flower

ballet

Well, she got back home about 3 hours after leaving. Her friend's mother said, they both behaved well. My daughther did ask close to the end "When is this going to be over?"

She may one day dance herself in the Nutcracker, but she goes to a dance school, which is not affiliated with the local ballet company. The local ballet company concentrates on ballet & they put this Nutcracker on & have for over 30 years. I don't know if they actually audition girls for these roles.

My daughter has the Barbie movie The Twelve Dancing Princesses and she loves it. They get to a scene where all 12 girls are dancing and my daughter watches the movie closely and imitates what she sees done by the dancers in the movie. I have filmed this spectacle twice and I shake the camera from uncontrollable giggling.

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I'm glad she enjoyed the ballet. I must say that is not my cup of tea but she is a beautiful little girl and someday she will be able to achieve just about any goal she sets for herself.

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

A lovely ballet guest! She's good with her hands, her craft piece is lovely. Your tree looks good too.

Our girls have most, if not all, Barbie-films. The Nutcracker is a favourite, as is the Swan Princess. They've got The Twelve Dancing Princesses too, but that didn't catch their attention in the same way.