First walk in the yard this year !

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

In Jan. and Feb. the yard was covered in snow. The first week of March I finally started melting. It was a slow melt so no flooding from it. But since the ground underneath the snow was still frozen, the water didn't soak in. So until a few days ago, the yard was in the season of mud!
    But to day I got the yard tractor started and hooked on the old trailer and picked up sticks and other trash from winter left in the yard. We have Jonquils up about 3 inches. The Tiger Lilly's are starting to come up also. Another week of sun and mild temps. should have things popping up all over. It felt good to get out and do something and get some exercise.

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

So glad to hear that spring has sprung at your house Capt! I'll bet if feels great to be out there again :)

4. Riccur

Riccur Seedling

It must feel nice to see some things sprouting up around the yard. No more need for my snowshoes in the yard I am able to make it around in just my boots, since the snow has melted down. It is nice to see the first day of Spring off to a good start to the season.

5. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Ahhhhh the joy of spring. and what a coincidence this ole Cappy has tiger lillys growing too. I see several beginning to stand up.:)

6. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

We still got some snow to melt away yet but I did pick up sticks & limbs the other day from where I could. Don't get me started on the mud. :chuckle: