Floral / Patterned Wallpaper - Will it come back?

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Frank, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Elisa posted a photo in this topic showing some floral wallpaper (the last photo posted). Can floral / patterned wallpaper ever be used nowadays without looking slightly tacky? I know it has gone out of fashion but whenever I see it I would love to see a comeback. It's just that in today's world I don't see that happening anytime soon.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. AgathaSmith
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I don't know that floral wallpapers haveever really gone out of fashion just changed somewhat. Now the accent in a lot of homes is on bigger and bolder flowers instead of the usual, somewhat twee, rosebuds.

I saw a stunning room (a loft conversion) where they had soft cream walls with a gorgeous iris depicted on the wallpaper (one wall only) behind a modern cream suite with purple cushions that matched the iris exactly. It was breathtaking!! :-D

4. ElisaP

ElisaP New Seed

I can't say it's ever really gone out of style. It has became more ... adjustable.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I'd love to hear what you mean by 'adjustable' Elisa? I think I've been around Swedish too long, my English comprehension is suffering :D

6. pnnetbuy

pnnetbuy New Seed

Personally I find few such wallpapter designs that I like. Some are ok I guess but I think they usually look 'tacky' too.