Flower need help.

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by SadSunday, Mar 13, 2018.

1. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

https://imgur.com/a/6s5S3

Hey! I am not sure what flower is it, but it seems very sad lately - almost a month ago it was fine - big strong leaves, big "blossom" and etc. But now it's the leaves are going weaker, limper, they are falling, and I can't see anything visible that could be wrong with the plant - no germs, mold, and etc. I am careful not to over water it. Could it be that the summer is coming? Also, maybe it lacks sun (the few months were especially bleak)?

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

I am not familiar with that one. Does it have a cane like/woody stem ? It reminds me of one I have here that stores water in the leaves. The leaves dry on mine as the plant gets taller in winter and has a number of smaller plants from the stem . I know yours is a different one but could be similar. I would water it first,,then start putting it outside if its warm enough for a short time each day. Extend the time as the weather allows and see if it improves. Many times the winter and being indoors can be hard on a plant. Greenhouse plants are usually the ones that do not tolerate the indoors well. Homes do not provide the same conditions for them.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It looks some what like an Echeveria. Do a google search for that plant, you should find all sorts of photos and good info on growing it.

5. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

Hi, Mart. Thank you for tips. It seems that I done everything as usual and the plant just started to grow weaker and weaker. And I wonder why, since nothing changed. Yes, it has a long woody brown stem. It's too cold to bring it outside (-1C outside). I will try watering, but I have experience that if plant is overwatered, it drops leaves.

Toni, I don't know much about plants, but I have doubts if this one is Echeveria. Mine has stem, and
    Echeverias seems like very "down to earth" plants. Also, the leaves aren't that "meaty". I have one like on the right 6inLAMBS-BURRO_TAIL-56a4e9033df78cf772854665.jpg so I know it might come in all shapes and sizes. Thank you for advice, I will google it.
    ----

Just googled "Echeveria with stem" and voila, my plant! Thank you.

Advertisement
  6. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

I think it's an Aeonium. The serrations on the edges of the leaves don't fit with Echeveria.

A couple pics to compare:
    2018-03-11 003.JPG

2018-03-11 004.JPG

7. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

Hello, Tiffany. It's exactly Aeonium! Thank you so much!

purpleinopp likes this.
  8. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018