For absolutely NO reason.......

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

.........I decided to post a picture of my headboard. :)

[​IMG]

The things hanging from it have some meaning to me. From L to R:

A gift from a dear friend
    A bauble I brought with me from Australia
    The first thing I bought after my liberation from my abusive ex-husband
    A charm bracelet from my firstborn, bought with the first money he ever earned.

I'm big on symbolism, AND one of the most sentimental people you'll ever meet! Which is why I treasure these, and so many more, of these kinds of kitschy things. :rolleyes:

Sjoerd, stratsmom, cherylad and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Looks like mine. I am with ya` !

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I keep special things too Ronni and would never part with them even although most have no material value.

5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I am also like you and save many things that have meaning to me. I always find a place to put them out where I can see them and enjoy them. I can't stand to hide them away. Guess that make me somewhat of a hoarder but it makes me happy to see them.

6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Well, I'm glad I'm in good company y'all! :smt049

I'm currently in the process of looking for a corner curio cabinet. I have 40 years worth of sentimental things. They aren't worth a penny to anyone else, but to me they're priceless! Misshapen clay vases, tiny little handprints in clay, a plaster spoon rest that barely holds a teaspoon, a wooden measuring spoon hanger, an ugly wooden pig....the list goes on and on, trust me. :) I need a place to store all that stuff so that it's protected but able to be seen. At my old house, it was proudly displayed everywhere, on bookshelves, hung on walls, all the places you would put prized possessions. Now that I'm living with my daughter I don't have that kind of room, and I don't want to tuck everything away in boxes, y'know?

I've been haunting my local thrift stores and consignment places for just the right thing. I'll find it eventually, and when I do I'll be posting LOTS of pictures here!