Framed Movie Posters On Main Walls

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by azw1879, Apr 5, 2006.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

A room in my house is dedicated to the AZW, so basically I call it the Zulu War room, with various-size framed portraits of the participants, famous battle scenes, a map, framed 'Zulu' and 'Zulu Dawn' unfolded video covers, etc.

However, elsewhere in the house on main walls I would have liked framed movie posters, of which there are a few crackers, only one per room, or hallway, placed in the centre of the chosen wall. Not only effective, but they would make great points of interest.

Some posters are really quite eye-catching.

C.J.

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

One of my sons does exactly that CJ!!!! He also gives framed posters as presents to friends on their birthdays or at Christmas. He finds out what films they really enjoyed and then frames them up himself. Everybody loves them. :D

3. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Yes. Some of the posters, even for films made years ago, are very much works of art in their own right. I have smaller images of a few posters that I'd eventually like to get the full-size versions of. At the moment they are either in A4-size frames or in clear A4 wallets, more for reference rather than on the walls. However, they are not AZW-related, although still military-based to maintain the theme.

Other items I'd like to get more of are connected to my star sign Scorpio. I've found a great detailed line drawing of a scorpion which I will enlarge and place in an A4 frame. I'm still looking for various other items, such as a realistic silver or stainless steel scorpion mounted on a wooden plinth for my desk.

C.J.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Framed movie posters are a great idea C.J, right up my alley. Can you tell us what some of the movies are? I used to have a large size Taxi Driver poster adorning the back of my door. It used to scare visitors. I mean it's not the nicest thing to see Travis Bickle pointing two guns at you and sportiing a rather nifty mohawk! :eek:

Advertisement
  5. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

The advantage of film posters, with the various types of movies there are - Action, Comedy, etc. - you can choose a different theme for each room, or use the same theme throughout.

Personally, I would like the poster in each room/hallway to dominate the space, to be able to feel the impact of a dramatic image from the other side of the room, or the end of a hallway.

Depending on people's film preferences, or the theme wanted for certain areas, the choice of posters is endless. I really do like the variety of choices that are available and the ability to alter the theme by changing the posters with those more suited to any new ideas being considered.

C.J.

6. Frank

That's true C.J, I never really thought about it like that before. Great ideas :smt023

7. iris

iris New Seed

I worked at a video store when I was in college, and we had lots of people come in and request posters. One guy had a home theater room complete with lighted marquees and a giant popcorn maker. He would change out the posters for different occasions, like horror movies for halloween or holiday movies for christmas. I have a set of Lord of the Rings posters for all three movie releases that I framed and hung in the den. They really make a dramatic statement.

8. eileen

Oh Iris I am sooooo jealous!!!!!! I would love to have posters from the Lord of the Rings films(especially ones with Legolas in them [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]) but they are sooooo expensive here that I can't really justify the expenditure. :rolleyes:

9. Frank

Really Eileen? I would have had you down as a Gimli lover :D

10. eileen

:smt018

How could he possibly compare to this:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] :smt055 :smt055 :smt055

11. Frank

Well ok Eileen but you do realise that Legolas is going to look like this in a few decades time

[​IMG]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

12. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Apart from the 3 seriously dramatic war movie posters, there are others I like for different reasons. 'Custer of the West', which shows a cracking illustration of his last stand. John Wayne's 'The Alamo' (1960), showing Crockett (Wayne), Bowie (Widmark) and Travis (Harvey) in an action scene with the Alamo in the background. I'd probably include 'Zulu' and 'Zulu Dawn' posters too, but all these older posters are quite costly now, unless there are reprints of them. :rolleyes:

C.J.

13. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Just acquired a nice framed picture which contains 3 images plus film cells from The Matrix Trilogy.

Not as large as a poster, but looks good on the wall.

Where did I locate it ? Above my computer of course.

So, I guess you can call me Neo now, eh ? 8)

C.J.

PS. Also obtained an A4 size print of The Deer Hunter which I placed in a frame for another wall in the same room.

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Our oldest son had a James Bond movie poster that filled one entire wall. I disremember which one it was. On another wall he had a poster from what was rated the worst movie ever, The Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" dr

15. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

So ok, enlighten me, what does AZW stand for, I think I have the last two letters figured out but not the A. Even DH didn't know and he knows everything about movies.