Free music for videos wanted...where do you find help...?

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Sherry8, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I made a silly video of my cat and after I watched it I thought it would be nicer with music...something lively and silly. Is there any place on the web that you can add music for free to your video or even make videos from pictures?

I thought someone on this site had done it but now I can't find the information.

Thank you...

2. Loading...

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Sherry8,
    there are quite a few programs that will do what you need,..the one i use is,..Microsoft Photo Story 3,..and its Free,..you can download it from the link below.
    http://download.cnet.com/Photo-Story-3- ... 39154.html

With this program you just add pictures from your own pictures files,..you can drag them around to the sequence you want,..then add the free music that is provided in the program.

If you have a YouTube account then you can upload the finished photo story and select the free music they provide.

I find that Microsoft Photo Story3 is the best,..i am using it since 2008.

Here is another site and program you could have a look at.
    http://www.smilebox.com/

Philip http://ie.youtube.com/user/glengarry23

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Thank you Philip...I remember now you telling me before but I couldn't find my information...I did watch some of the videos...beautiful and my type of music...

Thank you again, Sherry

5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Sherry,
    most of the music i use is from my own files at home,..as when completing your photo story with Microsoft Photo Story3 they give you the choice to use your own music,..or music from the program,..which not everybody likes,..but you have to be careful that you don't get into bother with copyright laws when you use your own music,..however most music is accepted in YouTube uploaded videos,..they will tell you if you have third part content,..but that you need not do anything further.

I also use music i hear in YouTube,..on video,..i would say about 50 per cent of my music was extracted from YouTube videos,..i extract it with the Free program in the link below,..it allows you to copy the link just below the YouTube video you are viewing,..including mine,lol.

Then you paste it into the program and wait until it is extracted,..then click on the file top right of the program,..this installs it immediately into your music file,..it extracts without any distortion.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-t ... 65553.html

Advertisement
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I downloaded Photo story 3 but I guess that doesn't work with videos, at least as far as I can tell. I did do a cute one of my neighbors dog with just a handful of pictures I took of her last summer.

It is hard to get my cat spinning in pictures so it kind of looses why I wanted to do it...I will keep looking and playing. Thank you..

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Sherry. When you upload a video to YouTube they actually give you the option of adding some music that is compliant with copyright laws (I believe the artists give permission for this). The choice may be limited but it's an easy way of adding music to uploaded videos :)

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Sherry,
    the link below may be the program you need for adding music to video rather than to photographs.

Adding Music to Your Movie Maker Video

Frank mentioned about the facility in YouTube to add music to your video,..i did in fact already mention this in my first response,..but to add to this the facility is called YouTube Video Editor,..it adds this information to your edited video,..as seen below when you view the video.

Thumbnail

You can of course change the heading,..but the information will be included somewhere in your posted video.

Frank likes this.
  9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I wasn't thinking of using youtube for the video...I think some of the ladies might think it is cute so I was going to put it on my page on Facebook...I don't think a cat sitting by a door slowly playing with her tail would make it. I do like the program Photo story 3...I made a few programs with music of when we got a new driveway and new windows. I had a thought this morning...infact I was quite worried and quickly looked to make sure the pictures were still in my photo album after using them. One year when I had picasa I used them in a collage and then when I got rid of the program, my pictures were gone too. I did just use my clickfree to make sure I copied everything on the computer first.

Thank you both...

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  11. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Sherry,
    well done!,..i like it,..i left a comment on Youtube,..i can see from the way "Birdie" is playing with her tail that a video would be even more hilarious even though the photo story gives that impression,..don't forget to post your link in the Pets section of the Stew.

You probably know this but just in case,..when you are playing the photo story in YouTube if you look just under the screen there is a button "Share",..if you click on this it will show you Twitter and Facebook,..so click on Facebook and it will post your photo story to your Facebook page,..log in and click "Share",..no record of you doing this will show on YouTube or any link to your Facebook account.

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Phil :) ip...I did have fun doing it...thank you for showing me the way. I wish I would of did a few things better but I will next time.

13. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

there are many websites you can find music to download free then just add into windows movie maker..I've done this often made a photo CD of Xmas decor, added 8 xmas carols, sent to family at xmas time even added a xmas card beginning and end of my movie/slideshow.

14. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Here's one I made of our little southern town, after re-build due to hurricane Charley: I took all the photo's then turned them into this show with music..View My Video

15. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

SusieQ07...nice tour of the area..I enjoyed it.

16. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Lovely streets,..houses and business premises,..and i would love the waterfront,..nice music as well.,..an Englebert Humperdink number.