Gallery Glass...

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by Sherry8, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

August 7, 2017 046 (2).jpg We had our home up for sale and thought that our clear window in our back door could use something interesting on it. Plus it helps give a little privacy. If you fill it in completely like you find in bathroom windows, they can only see an outline of you with a light on in the background. I love gallery glass, we picked it up at Hobby Lobby craft store. I plan on using it at our new home too. In the first picture the gallery glass is still drying. My husband took an exacto knife to make sure it didn't stick to the tape when he pulled it off.

August 7, 2017 049 (2).jpg

finished project...you can tell what happens to the view by looking at my planter...The people that bought the house loved it, so they will be leaving it on. When you do want to take it off, all you do is scrape it off with a flat edge razor blade.

Jewell, carolyn, 2ofus and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sherry8
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. AAnightowl
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That looks great Sherry. So simple yet so attractive!

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

In our new home we have a door with a half circle at the top and we plan on using the gallery glass out-lining an M, the M is for our last name. You can buy the gallery glass in colors too and they even have some like leading if you want to out line what you create. The fun thing about it is you can make circles, make squiggles and just over lap to get the appearance you want. A small bottle cost us under 5 dollars but we did use a couple of them. If you want it thicker, then you will need more. I also plan on using it on our side window in our bedroom, just on the bottom because we are close to a cottage that only comes up to Winneconne mostly on the weekends in the summer. I don't want to put up too many curtains if we don't have too...I love the view of the lake . August 27, 2017 101 (2).jpg

2ofus likes this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Sherry8, your inventiveness continues to amaze me! That door is now a lovely asset to the house. We have double doors into the den, and if I had your talent to "see" something before it becomes actual, I'd give gallery glass a try on those doors. Guess I could, and if I muffed it, get to scraping!