GardenStew gift shop & memorabilia!

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by S-H, Nov 22, 2013.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Dear Frank,
    this is something that I have been thinking about for a long time now. How about you start selling GardenStew memorabilia by creating an online gift shop section here?

I myself would really love to have an embroidered GardenStew patch which we can stitch on something like baseball caps, t-shirts, and jackets.

A GardenStew coffee mug would also become a great item on the table. But I also would like to have a small tabletop size GardenStew flag! Like whenever I'd go on some trip, I'll take a picture of it and post here as it'll be fluttering in the breeze - Stating that a GardenStew member was there!

Oh yes, and some bumper stickers too - As we really can't go on without those! Just an idea! :D

dooley, oubee, carolyn and 7 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi S-H,
    There are online custom product stores that allow you to place logos onto mugs, mouse mats etc... I haven't done anything like this because I don't want the community to think I'm looking for a quick buck. However if there were enough interest I could offer this as a non-profit addition to Stew i.e. to get them for the lowest possible price.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Is there a template available to download to take to our own local embroidery shop to use? like for an apron for my garden?..... or one for mart to use to put on her aprons that she sends us?.....if she has an embroidery shop close by. I know the setup fees can be costly, but if one person has enough stuff to embroider it becomes reasonable.

5. Frank

If anyone needs one I could possibly create a bigger version of the GardenStew stew pot graphic if needed for a template.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This is an interesting proposal. I am not sure that it would give you much profit. The sorts of things that S-H is speaking of are things that folks might not buy but one of. You'd have to have so many members and sell so many to get into the black.

However, there are a couple of things that I would probably order. For instance: a baseball cap, a T-shirt, a sweatshirt and a coffee mug with your logo and my name on it.

It is something to think about. I mean, for me (I've been a member here for a number of years now), so your website means more to me than a one-time visit. I feel like I have made some pretty good cyber pals here and I also feel a great deal of loyalty. Sort of like a "family" feeling in a way.

When one makes a commitment to stay and develop with your website, wearing/displaying your logo is something that seems natural and even desirable.

Give it some thought and look at the realistic feasibility for you. I am interested.

S-H likes this.
  7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I have mentioned before that the Stew is my "go to" site for advice, civil conversation, and often humor. I'd love to have a tee shirt with the Stew logo, which I would wear proudly.
    Sjoerd said it best! Whatever is realistic and feasible, Frank.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Count me in for a tee and sweatshirt :)

9. Frank

Ok guys I am working on it. I may start off with mugs and tee-shirts to get the hang of it. There are websites that allow you to do this so I will use those.

S-H and Philip Nulty like this.
  10. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I'm sure the plants would grow better if I was wearing a GardenStew tee shirt. And… An adventure into the garden would not be complete without a GardenStew mug of my favorite beverage. The garden is alive with anticipation and it's 29° F out there. The evergreens are watching, even in winter:)

Jerry

carolyn likes this.
  11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Jerry, if your evergreens are watching you--be careful! Firs are known for sneak attacks.
    I asked the hens if they thought a Stew tee shirt was a good idea, and they seemed to approve (it's hard to tell since chickens don't have terribly expressive faces).

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh yeah, a mug and a t-shirt for me too!! I'll have to get two shirts, I have lost a lot of weight this summer/fall that the Doctor insists I regain so I need one for now and one for next year. And a sweatshirt if they are available.

And the mug can take it's place in the usage rotation with the Luckenbach, Rod Stewart, Sam Houston and Michael Waltrip mugs.

Got my shopping list ready and my debit card at hand....when do we start shopping?

13. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Count me in. I love gifting myself.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Count me in too. I want a t-shirt and a sweatshirt and a mug.

dooley

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

I'm interested as well.

16. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple