Getting rid of a Wasp Nest

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by MBB, Jul 7, 2007.

1. MBB

MBB New Seed

:?: Whilst I've had bee nests behind my shed on occassions, having a wasp nest is a new one on me. However, these kind so & so's have decided to "camp up" right next to a path in my back garden and to quote a phrase " I want the s**s" out.

So has anyone got a suggestion how I can do this before I call out my local council authority to do so (which I'm prepared to do). Please note that I'm petrified of these insects & I believe the only good wasp is a dead one!

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You can spray the nest with a Wasp and Hornet spray killer then when you are sure they are dead and before they have a chance to move back in use your hose sprayer and knock the nest down and throw it away. As long as that nest is there, they will return to the same spot.

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Spray early in the morning when they are all still home. Be sure to get the spray that comes out in a stream. It will knock them down instantly and they will NOT get back up.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm a complete coward where wasps are concerned so I would leave it to the council. With my luck the whole nest would erupt and I'd be the target for each and every stinger. :(

6. MPhotos

MPhotos Seedling

We use to hit those things with shovles then run like crazy. but yeah bug spray works or call the bug guys.