Getting the back porch cleaned up!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

While we've been working hard on the Master Bedroom/bathroom renovation, we've also been slowly cleaning up the back porch. It had become somewhat of a catchall for everyone's miscellaneous stuff, as well as Ron's work area for sawing lumber and sheetrock. He's so good about fully cleaning up after himself but the rest of the family, not so much. :confused:

Anyway, we've been making progress getting the porch cleaned off, as much as possible. There's still a stack of flooring and some sheetrock that is sitting out because there's nowhere else to put it till we can lay it/use it in the Master. Ultimately we'll screen the porch in, put in a ceiling fan, add a TV, buy some nice furniture, a couch etc., but for now it's kinda bare bones. Even so it's to the point where I can now start getting creative with plants and furniture, and actually making it a more pleasant place to hang out. When Ron doesn't need my help, I'm working on the porch. Had fun yesterday doing stuff to it!

Found this basket at Goodwill, colorful pots at the Dollar Tree, and a couple of clearance plants. $6 later and it's a cute wall hanging!
    62604272_10162082094585387_1067557144108204032_n.jpg

Ron was going to throw this cart away. I said nuh-uh lemme have it! Now it's storage and a cute plant stand for the porch!
    64369941_10162080264660387_5735255347166183424_n.jpg IMG_2645.jpg

Discovered an old rocker in back of Ron's workshop. It had an arm off and a couple of the back rungs loose. Some Gorilla carpenter's glue and a few minutes of work and it was functional again. Hit it randomly with some Sunflower yellow spray paint and let it soak into the very dry, gray wood a bit, to give it a rustic look, added a colorful $5 cushion from Walmart and a pretty clearance rack Impatiens in the accidentally matching pot next to it, and it was good to go!
    IMG_2647.jpg

It's a good place to sit and do computer work too.
    IMG_2652.jpg

carolyn, Jewell, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I love the cart...I am glad you didn't get rid of it. We painted our house numbers a red like that so you could see them from the road...Everything is coming along nicely...

Ronni likes this.
  4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Nice save and great addition to your cleverly up cycled pieces of furniture. :like:

Ronni likes this.
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

well done Ronni. those project look fabulous. I would love a screened in porch to sit in especially in the evening. with the 13 or so inches of rain this past month we are a mosquito haven.

Ronni likes this.