Glory bower (bleeding heart vine) refuses to bloom

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Rozilla, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Rozilla

Rozilla New Seed

I just posted on the thread about how my morning glories weren't blooming...and my bleeding heart vines aren't either. The one I had for years that bloomed like a crazy-plant for months didn't come back this year. I replaced it with 2 more that have climbed their 8' trellises, thickened, wound around, turned corners, and done everything but bloom. Not too much nitrogen I don't think as I planted one in a huge pot in a mixture of 1/2 compost and 1/2 potting soil and the other directly in the garden, mixing compost in the planting hole. Lovely greenery, but not what I had in mind! Any wisdom to share?

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I have never heard of a bleeding heart vine...we must not have them in my area. Did you try bloom booster? I use it on all my pots or annual flowers to help them bloom so you could check the box to see if it can be used on yours. I do love bleeding hearts.....you could try cutting it back a little next spring if it is getting too big so it concentrates on filling out instead of vining.