Good sunrises are always pleasing

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Dinu, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Dinu

Dinu Seedling

Good morning. I happened to take a few shots of the sunrise this morning. The Sun is the one that makes life on the planet possible.. everything we can think of has the element of sun in it. June 21st, which was the equinox, was chosen to observe as International Yoga Day. 'Suryanamaskar' [Salutations to the Sun] is a very popular set of exercises [comprising 12 postures]. There is one person in India somewhere [cannot recall] - he looks at the morning sun for many minutes - stares to be precise - and he says that it supplies all his food! Sounds crazy, but there are mystics around who can defy logic. Anyway, here are a few pictures I took.
    P1470568.JPG
    This hill is on the south east of the city. Viewed from my house top it looks like this. It is a vintage palace on top of the hill. Communication towers have sprung up in the last 20 years. Mist-thin clouds was kissing the hill top. Sun was rising - but that was further east.

P1470582.JPG
    Un-zoomed image from my Lumix FZ8. Time was about 6.20.

P1470575.JPG

Zoomed to get the city's horizon, getting the early rays from the sun and a Kite flies by.

P1470576.JPG

I scored a bull's eye with this Kite. Luckily for me, today was not cloudy. That is a big apartment building in the b/g. Thankfully, there is some greenery left in the city which was once really green. I can tell the difference from the time in the late 60s and now, how bad things have become, viewed from the top of the hill. Greenery has given way to 'concretery'! @vitrsna, I've coined a new word.

Have a good day, every day, everyone.

Frank, Chrisle and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Beautifully atmospheric photographs Dinu. That third shot couldn't have been much better could it? The Kite is centralised perfectly!! :sete_005::sete_005:

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I agree, beautiful pictures and very pleasing. You should frame that last one and hang it on your wall.