Grateful to say 'Hello' After Covid & Covid Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Feb 18, 2021.

1. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

It's been a really, really rough month to say the least. I would gladly go through labor 3 times than what happened. One trip to the hospital because i woke up and couldn't breathe, uncontrollable vomiting and severe coughing...all at the same time. My lungs are still healing, but at least I am no longer on oxygen 24/7 and can do minimal garden work without coughing. I had every symptom, except diarrhea. I am one of the fortunate few who knew how I contracted it...yes i passed it on to hubby, but he is back at work now. My co-worker lost her mother to this virus a few days before I was diagnosed...no she did not pass the virus to me/us...it was someone else who kept quiet and it spread like wildfire..still. I am working from home until i retest this weekend. I have had to reseed everything because I just could not manage anything during this time. This is a life-changing virus and it really makes you rethink the simple things. Please stay masked and safe for you and your families.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

SOOOOOO glad to know that you are recovering and feeling better.

hummerbum likes this.
  3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

OMG I thought you were just super busy and didn't have much spare time!! I am so, so glad that you are on the road to recovery but sorry to hear that you've been so ill. I hope you'll have no lasting health problems from this dreadful virus. As an aside I just got my first vaccination shot today and will get my second in approx. three months time.

hummerbum likes this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Thank goodness you are on the mend hummerbum!
    Wow, I can't believe that someone kept quiet about this and passed it on. There should be some kind of fine for that!

hummerbum likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Glad you are on the healing journey. Take care and don’t over due it. Friends have said the same.

hummerbum likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hummer, I'm so glad you are healing and are recovering. This is a good wish for you, and for all of us here at the Stew because you have been sorely missed.
    Stay strong, and stay healthy!

hummerbum likes this.
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

Have wondered where you were ! Like others I just assumed you were busy ! So glad you are better but please keep us updated ! Its not like we can pick up a phone and call !

hummerbum likes this.
  8. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

Good to hear you are on the other side of this horrible virus. Ive known 5 or 6 people who have gotten sick and only 1 person has had it as bad as you.
    Please don't rush your healing, I hear the fatigue lasts a while.

hummerbum likes this.
  9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hummer I am so glad that you are now back and getting stronger. What an awful experience! Very scary. Thank God you are healing and getting stronger. I send you healing thoughts & hugs for your continued recovery.

hummerbum and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Goodness Hummer, the virus sure hit you hard. Like all our Gardening friends, I'm thankful you're healing. It's wise to recover slowly and not overdo for awhile.
    One of my brothers had pneumonia AND COVID recently. He is in his 70s. After 3 days in the hospital, he went home with oxygen, has recovered and is able to be out for rides in the mountains. He is among the blessed.
    (High hopes for your continued healing.:like:)

hummerbum and Cayuga Morning like this.
  11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I kept saying, and still continue to say - This virus is TERRIBLE!!! Once anyone gets it, there is no cure. So you either ride it out, or... Heck I don't want to say it!

Anyone who unfortunately contacted it, and has recovered - Deserves a real medal! Specially you @hummerbum ,

What I am really steaming mad about right now. Are people trying to hide the fact that they got it. And then there are the ultra stupid ones too, who say that this is all good - As the sooner we have herd immunity the better... Morons...

There is now a new strain of covid-19 in South Africa. Which is resistant to vaccines. So just wait until THAT starts spreading around the world - There is a big gap between how fast humanity can create vaccines. And how fast viruses start mutating in nature.

This virus is deadly, and so absolutely no chances should be taken with it... Anyone who says that it's nothing, deserves to have a baseball bat swung at their heads, (with full force) - For ignorance in these times is just as dangerous as this virus.

That South African strain of covid-19 which is now showing very high resistance to all vaccines - Is the one we know about, (thankfully). But now imagine the different versions that we don't yet know about...

This virus mutated within just 50 people in a wet market of Wuhan. But now billions are potentially exposed to it. So just do the math and try predicting the likelihood of further mutations to this virus.

Everybody thinks that now since vaccines are becoming available, everything will soon become normal - Far from it... Just see this link below.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...have-not-received-a-single-covid-vaccine-dose

We are all in for a very long fight, which might actually last for many decades. So again, this thing isn't to be taken lightly. As it's not going to go away so easily.

Cayuga Morning and hummerbum like this.
  12. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

@hummerbum I was shocked to read your ordeal. That had to be the most miserable time for you. I am glad you are back with us.

13. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I was so shocked to read this. Glad you are recovering and much better now. Be safe, stay safe :)

14. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Glad to hear you are doing better.

15. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you everyone...your well wishes are very much appreciated and it's good to know that I was missed. @S-H you are so right...this thing is and can be a killer and it's terrible. People are not listening because they are tired of hearing and abiding by the rules to prevent contracting this virus. The more you say, the more it is ignored until it hits close to home. I have my doubts about the vaccine and toooooo many unknowns at this point. This vaccine is not a 'one size fits all' cure. My point, no one knows how this will affect them down the road. I am not knocking those who got or are getting the vaccine. My mom will be receiving her first dose tomorrow, with the agreement of my brother and I.
    @Growingpains ..so glad to hear that your brother is on the road to recovery.
    @cuatro-gatos ... the fatigue is the worst and so is losing your appetite and sense of taste all at the same time. COVID Pneumonia is also the worst on it's own.
    I've been taking my time recovering, sowing seeds and visualizing where all these plants are going...lol. I can't tell you how much this thing has changed my way(s) of thinking. Many think it's a game and relax. The things I used to enjoy, I have doubts now and to tell you the truth, I am too scared and scarred to do those things. So if you don't have to...don't....It is not worth your life or even a part of it!!!
    @mart...sure you can!!!
    Again, thank you!!

Cayuga Morning, S-H and eileen like this.