Great Day for Prepping the yard!

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by budagardener, Feb 23, 2008.

1. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

I was out early this morning replanting my Brugmansia, mowing and trimming back some shrubs and the mailman pulled up with my lilac bush!
    I got the shovel out and planted it right away, knowing where its home would be!

For those in the Texas area who would like to give Lilacs a try, I know this one does well here.

Syringa Vulgaris "Blue Skies". It is tolerant of heat and dry spells and cultivated for up to zone 9.
    The one I received today is about 18" tall and has ten large stems and shorter ones coming up from the root base. It is budding with leaves and came in great condition for mail order.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh how I envy you. The weather here is way too bad to do anything in the garden. So glad it arrived in such good condition for you. :stew2:

4. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

All I can say is lucky you (I know you saw the photos I posted of my pup in the snow earlier today!!!). Happy planting!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Congratulations on your new lilac, may it perform well for you and please don't forget to share it with us. ;)

Advertisement
  6. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I envy you for sure. We don't have lots of snow, but our ground is frozen solid. I sure wish i could play in the dirt out side.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'm more than a little envious too budagardener. We had sun and a high of 1°C. Some of the snow melted and I could see a bit of the lawn. It was all I could do to stop myself from raking it...snowstorm on the way for Tuesday.
    Good luck with your Lilac. Nothing can compare to the smell of Lilac's in bloom!