Great idea for kids room decorating...

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by cyoung35, Jul 8, 2005.

1. cyoung35

cyoung35 New Seed

My daughter and I came up with a great idea for a decorating accessory for her room. We were redecorating her room and we asked her what the two things she liked the most, other than of course her parents. She said she liked music and friends. so we thought of a way to combine the two into her room. First we took out her empty CD cases and pulled out the booklet that is on the inside cover. Then we proceeded to cut an oval in the center of the first page, we taped a picture of her friend on the back so the picture shows through, put the booklet back into the case and set it on her dresser. We made about 6 of them and placed them throughout her room...she thought it was cool. It didn't cost a dime and it gave her the look she wanted, not to mention it got some of those CD cases out of the way. I just wanted to share this experience with you because it gave me and my 12 year old something to remember due to the fact that we worked together on the project.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great Idea - not for our kids though as they've all left home but for me!! :)
    I save sunset photographs that friends take for me and it would be lovely to frame them in this way and save some wall space. :D Thanks for the tip. :smt008

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Great idea Craig and something that you will remember for years I'm sure. I agree that sometimes those CD cases can cause quite a lot of clutter so it is definitely a good idea to use them creatively rather than throw them out. Good work :smt023