Grow-beds for my Grand-Monsters.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Papaw-John, May 9, 2018.

1. Papaw-John

Papaw-John New Seed

Southeast Texas Located in the Big Thicket Zone 9a
    [​IMG] I am putting in 5 small 3'x 2' raised grow beds for my 5 Grand-Monsters (grandsons.) They all live on the homestead, 2 in their home behind ours and three in their home across the property from us. We will be digging out the grass and filling it with a mix on composted cow manure, composted peat humus and potting soil. They are all excited. I decided to put all the raised gardens close to mine, so I can make sure they survive, even if the new wears off for them.
    Each grow-bed was cut from a 10' long 1"x 6".

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    DeepWoods, Frank and Odif like this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sounds like a lot of fun but hard work too. Your grandsons will love to see what they plant beginning to grow I'm sure. A great way to teach the next generation to enjoy gardening!!

Papaw-John likes this.
  3. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Good for you! Not only will they learn to garden (and hopefully love it), they'll also appreciate any garden afterwards.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's a better way to get them started with their own small bed. They will like growing something of their own and watching it grow. Maybe they can grow something that they can eat from the garden without waiting for it to be cooked. Of course, then they would keep picking it and it wouldn't last too long. dooley

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

What a great grandpa you are! Those little boys will learn so much and have such a wonderful time digging in the dirt--you should be proud of yourself, and their parents should be so grateful.

6. Papaw-John

Papaw-John New Seed

Southeast Texas Located in the Big Thicket Zone 9a
    I have one grandson who is 5 and he saves seed from everything. I think I am responsible for it. :)