Has anyone noticed,,

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by mart, May 13, 2021.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

An unusual amount of leaves on trees after the big freeze ? My elm that covers the entire front of our house has at least twice the amount of leaves as normal ! Some of the limbs have bent and one has broken due to the extra weight and with the rain adding to it !

Logan and S-H like this.
  2. Loading...

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Same happening with my Neem trees also, believe it or not. After winter nearly every tree here has now become a little extra green.

I think, Covid-19 pandemic lockdowns are the cause - No traffic on the road means no pollution in the air. Resulting in healthier plants and trees. Nearly all have extra leaves, and are brighter in appearance too. In fact, some trees here have started blooming a month early.

Just have a look at one of my Neem trees on this property.

IMG_20210513_061642_copy_1024x1820.jpg

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  4. Odif

Odif Young Pine

@S-H you had masses of rain last year, that sounds like a reason for more leaves and also plants, being autonomous beings have an intelligence behind them. They may well detect a wet season this year, hence they put out more leaves. Plants grow better with higher levels of CO2. CO2 is plant food. Certain pollution is also plant food. Obviously certain pollutants can also be toxic to plants.

Logan and S-H like this.
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Ours looks the same to me but there's not a lot of traffic anyway being semi rural.