Have You Heard of Tomatozilla? I Was One Today!!!!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Jun 15, 2018.

1. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

I was making my lunch today and all of a sudden, I hear this high pressure water sound and looked outside from the stove. What I saw next set me into orbit!! They were pressure washing the outside of the patio/apt!!!!! All of a sudden, I was throwing on presentable clothing (still not a bra though...TMI) and threw open the patio door to stop them. Now get this, they were hispanic (no this is not going south, I promise) so I knew that I would have to get them to understand that they cannot use chemicals around MY tomatoes. So I get the attention of the supervisor by yelling...lol. He comes over and I tell him that they CANNOT use any chemicals around this patio because of this...I showed them the above tomato which is much more red now and he could see it and told him they are all tomatoes and i smell chlorine. He said that it was water that they were using around the patio but the building itself was a chlorine mixture. He said that they would not. So I go back in to finish cooking and lord and behold, his crew starts pressure washing again. Once again i open the door like a mad woman and before i could say anything, they told me it was just water. I told them that pressure will tear up my plants and they don't have to use that on the screen part. So they left it alone for the rest of the day....believe you me, I'm keeping my eye on them....this place is under new ownership. Next year can't come soon enough!!! Geez, my heart can't take this!!!!

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

OMG!! I really, really hope that you have no more trouble with the pressure washer crew. Do let us know if your tomatoes are going to survive. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

hummerbum likes this.
  3. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thanks, Eileen. Thank God I was home..i stopped them before they could do any damage...i really busted through that patio door.
    I've had a small garden when I came to savannah in the corner under a utility pole in the back of the yard...beautiful plants. One day I came home and everything was brown and striveled...they sprayed to remove the weeds growing on the pole and it was windy so it got on everything in that garden...i raised h..l to the company who did it and they reimbursed me for that garden. Needless to say, I had a flashback from 22 years ago.

4. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Update: A few leaves were touched/burned by the chlorine before I could get to it, but nothing earth-shattering. Thank God that I was home that day!!!

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good grief, Hummer!!! You must have been distressed, to say the least.
    Yeah...you shall have to keep an eye on those guys.

hummerbum likes this.
  6. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Sjoerd, I am seriously thinking about putting signs out on the patio to not spray chemicals around this area. Heck I have a sign on my spare bedroom door where I grow, for them not to spray in there. My nerves are a little on edge now because I'm at work. I saw the trucks coming in as I left. If i wasn't late, I would have gone right back and put up signs.