Having a Swop Around.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

This is my 1960s Rock-Ola jukebox,in our tea-house, which contains 50 Motown or similar, records from the sixties. It's important to me to have records in it from the right era.

[​IMG]

As well as some of the more well known artists, there's a few girl groups I like, with whom many people aren't familiar, some didn't have as much chart success, but I think are just as good.
    I've not bought any sixties 45s for a few years, but I've recently purchased good copies of these.

I'd have preferred this one by the Cookies, but I don't think they did it as a single, but I've got it on an mp3 ripped from YouTube.

Of course a major problem with jukeboxes, is that if you want to put in a new record, you have to take one out. I've about thirty other 45 that have lost their places, but live in a "retro" record rack on the worktop of a unit in there, they may yet get another chance.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Don`t remember The Cookies but I sure remember the Shirelles ! They had two or three good songs ! Odd thing about me,, Just to hear the groups name I may not remember which song they sang,, but let most of their songs play and I can automatically remember the group name !

4. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

It's the way the brain works.
    You can play an album that you've not played for some time. When a track is playing, you may not remember the name of the next track, but when you here the last few bars of the track that's playing, you'll remember what comes next.

I should add, when I change records in either of my jukeboxes, "part of my OCD" as I call it, is that they have to be in the order of the artist's christian name or group's name and then if there's more than one record by the same artist, in alphabetical order of their titles. This can require quite a bit of shuffling about.