Heat and hayfever

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by EJ, May 9, 2008.

1. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

The weather has been glorious this past week here in my part of the UK. The sun has been shining and the daytime temps in our part of Essex have been 26'c which isn't bad for May. Of course, this has brought with it the high pollen count and boy have I had lousy hayfever this past week. My nose has been plugged up, my eyes watering and the roof of my mouth has been as itchy as can be. However, I would just like to point out to those in charge, this isn't a complaint. I love the sunshine and the heat and would like it to persist from now until about November time please, although night time rain 5 times a week would be welcome. :-D

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. S-H
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. S-H
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hope the hayfever eases up soon...we went thru all that back in Feb since spring came early here and I understand how miserable you are.

I wouldn't mind have 26c temps all summer too, but for an entirely different reason. ;)

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We've had the good weather here too although the temperatures haven't been quite as high as yours have. Our eldest lad is suffering badly from hay fever because of all the oil seed rape that's in flower at the moment. We've now got rain again but I can't say I'm sorry as the garden was so dry. Hope your hay fever clears soon EJ.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh dear EJ, I hope your hay fever eases up for you so you can enjoy being outside again!

Advertisement
  6. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I feel for you. As my hubby is going thru alergies also because of the pollen from trees and flowers. Really got to him into the doctor. He doesn't like to go but I don't think hayfever & allergies are anything to be playing around with. Really hope you feel better soon.

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

You have great weather EJ.Heather( my daughter )lives in Billings Mt. and the weather has possible snow for her area tonight.Burrrrrr.

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Doesn't sound like fun at all, EJ, despite your lovely weather. We've had 18 degs here, and that's quite warm enough for May. I'm hoping for some good showers to wash all that dust away. A friend of mine has to stay inside for a few days with doors and windows closed.

9. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Sorry about your not getting to enjoy fully the beautiful weather,, alergies are the worst i think more than colds. To bad you don't have some ephedra,, i know, its illegal everywhere. but dang it works. altho ephdra isn't illegal here, when just the plant itself,, its all the mixing that makes it illegal.

I would give just about anything for warm weather,,lol. its 2C here, 36F. Raining for over a week now,,

10. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. It has been bad again today, but I have suffered it gladly as it has been so fabulously hot and sunny here again in Essex that I just had to get out into the garden. I have spent the whole day pottering around, and have just had a nice cold beer to help the hayfever on it's way. :) We are having a barby tomorrow with the family, so I will make sure I take a good dose of medicine before they arrive so it doesn't interferre with my fun.