Helleborus

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Primsong, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I was neatly drawn in to the local nursery by an offer for five free pansies and ended up with a new hellebore, "ivory prince"... I almost brought my prince home last year but he was upstaged by a dogwood. This time he made it into my car using a 25% off coupon. I think I'll plant him near the King Alfred daffodils, a sort of 'royalty corner.'

I have one other hellebore, one that puts out huge 'dinner plate' size light green blooms, this one is much smaller but has more color.

Anyone else have any hellebores? I like them because they tolerate mediocre soil and part-shade, something I have a lot of.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. kate
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have a few Primsong. They are mainly the 'run of the mill' pink ones but I do have a white one too. :D

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I've got some, and I'm going to get more! Dark red, lighter red, pink with and without spots, yellow and white low ones, and a tall green one, the Helleborus foetidus. It stinks!

The white one, Helleborus niger, is the most common here.

5. trudy

trudy In Flower

I have a pink one an white. Then I have some babies I traded for that I have no idea the colors yet cuz they haven't bloomed.