Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Lolli315, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Lolli315

Lolli315 New Seed

Hi Everyone I am in Zone 10 Sunrise FLorida.. I have a Love for Succulents I also enjoy other plants as well, Before I moved to Sunrise Florida I had a home in another part of Florida I had a beautiful Rock garden with Koi fishes and beautiful Bonsai, succulents, trees that I grown from babies it was Heaven! Till a fire happened. I lost everything including my plants except for 1aloe plant and my 2 desert Roses.. I moved in with my daughters and hesitated to start a garden again..the reason why was because I am going to be 65 in a couple of months I just felt starting over was just not possible because of my age and also thinking who will tend to my plants after I am gone. Till Now my granddaughter said she wants to learn what I know about plants.. I am happy to say that I started collecting succulents again . So far I have about 20 succulents YAY for meee. While I have your attention I have a spider plant that died it was not mine a neighbor had it in her garbage pail I wanted to see if I can revive it but it was to far gone. So I looked at the roots and I don't think they looked bad so I cleaned them up and too a piece of wet gauze and blanketed them. I checked on them every other day and noticed tiny thin roots and today when I checked they now have long roots,,, my question is should I put the rooted part in soil or just continue to leave them alone

S-H and adam.ca like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Good to have you here and welcome. I won’t give any recommendations about spider plants since I don’t do well with them. I am more of a succulent and fern person and some bonsai. Am sure someone will come along and give you some advice. Welcome.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Lolli and a warm welcome to you from Scotland.

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Yes,, Put the spider plant in a pot with a mild fertilizer or or some miracle grow ! Those plants are hard to kill ! Just let it come back at its own pace ! Welcome to the group !
    What do you mean at "your age " 65 you are a spring chicken ! I am 70 and still going strong ! (So far) :) !

Advertisement
  6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Lolli, welcome to Gardenstew from Chelmsford MA.. The spider has a mind of its own and like the Phoenix will rise again, just give it time.

Jerry

7. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Hi and welcome!

8. mart

mart Strong Ash

I used to store mine in the compost pile over winter then bring it out in the spring !

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Lolli and a hearty welcome to GardenStew! Delighted to have you here :stew1: Just a tip, if you ask your question in a more specific forum like houseplants you can get focused answers for your particular question :)

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Lolli :wave:
    Welcome to Gardenstew from Southern Ontario!