Help me redecorate my living room

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by norbiu, Aug 22, 2007.

1. norbiu

norbiu New Seed

Okay so here's how my living room looks right now:

http://tinyurl.com/yoe77y

I'm also planning to add a coffee table in front of my couch, but first I need to figure out where to put everything. The walls are so stupidly done that I have no idea how to setup the room. Please help!

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi norbiu and welcome to GardenStew. Do you mean how to rearrange what already exists to make better room for the coffee table? In that case if it were me I would maybe move the wardrobe to the 5' 9" wall and move the PC desk to the 10' wall. With the PC desk where it is it looks like it would be too close to a coffee table in front of the couch.

Hope this helps. Maybe you would like to introduce yourself in the Welcome to GardenStew forum.

// Frank

4. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Here's a cool little tool you can use to make a template of your room and move furniture around. It helped us a lot when deciding what furniture to buy for our new basement space.

http://a2zhomecenter.planningwiz.com/

5. KHR

KHR New Seed

Thank you--that's a great tool.
    Some of the measurements on your drawing are covered up, but I'm guessing that your drawing is to scale, so the long wall is probably about 13 feet, and the wall to the left of the door is about 6-7 feet? It looks shorter than the wall you currently have the desk on. Could you tuck the sofa on the 5'9" wall and angle the TV around 90 degrees?
    It looks like you've got a huge desk--some 5' wide. Do you have to have a dedicated computer desk, or could you make do with a table (find if you've got a laptop--not quite so fine otherwise)?
    Could you fit the TV and your wardrobe on the 5'9" wall, with the coffee table facing them? This picture shows what I'm thinking:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1283/123 ... 41.jpg?v=0

Advertisement
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

arranging furniture in your living room

I'd put the wardrobe on the 5' 9" wall. Leave the sofa and TV where they are, and put the desk directly across from the door, facing out the window, and next to the sofa. The desk will function as a sidetable as well.

good luck,

7. stacy131

stacy131 New Seed

Is there a way to remove the desk, place the sofa there and place the tv where the sofa was?