Help! The spider mites are taking over!

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by travelingbooklover, Apr 25, 2009.

1. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

I have an esperanza (Golden bells) that has spider mites. (I took a sample of the infestation to the plant souk and had the guys there identify the problem). We finally found an organic solution to rid my poor tree of the problem. (If you only knew how funny my limited Arabic sounds and how silly I look with my charade like gestures. The guy that speaks English well showed up before I made a complete fool of myself.)
    Here is my question- should I treat everything in the area or just the dying tree? I didn't even know there were spider mites here in Kuwait but they have just about killed my beautiful tree that has faithfully bloomed for me for over a year, numerous times. I don't want to overdo it but it is organic and I have a fig tree very close to the esperanza that I do not want to lose. Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I think I would treat everything in the area just to be on the safe side. I really hope you've managed to kill those mites off before they do lasting damage to your esperanza tree. Let us know if it recovers won't you?

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

TBL, I agree with Eileen. Better safe than sorry! :rolleyes:

I just had my yard man remove a shrub (pivot) that had white flies. I am going to spray the other shrubs around it, just to be on the safe side.

Hope your treatment works for you. ;)

5. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

Thanks for your quick replies. I am going to treat the area to be on the safe side. I looked up the spray online to make sure it was as safe as the bottle claimed it was. I finally have successful gardens here, I would hate to lose them to the mites. Thanks again!