help to my fiddle leaf fig

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by rezan, Oct 7, 2021.

1. rezan

rezan New Seed

hello everyone..
    since last 2 months i bought a fiddle leaf fig but till now no new leaf is out . is there any problem or its normal ?

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I planted a small fig tree many years ago that took what seemed like forever to take off and start growing. The first year it just sat there....I goofed and thought it needed a lot of water but that just caused the above ground growth to die...I gave up and planned on digging it up and trying again the next year. Did not realize that it just needed me to ignore it and let it do the recovering by itself.. The next year it came back from the roots and took barely a year for it to reach about 10 feet tall and wide. Kept growing each year after that.

4. rezan

rezan New Seed

hm hope mine will start growing too .
    my calathia plant was very big and nice before 1.5 years ago but one day we traveled when we came back day by day it turned weak and died at the end till few months ago but still its leaves are small when time passes leaves became brown and die i tried many ways to keep it alive but still dont know what was the problem why died and why do not grow big leaves like before

Attached Files: