Help with wall and couch colour for living room Black & Red

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by benny, Mar 25, 2009.

1. benny

benny New Seed

Help with wall and couch colour for living room Black &

Hi there, just wondering if someone could help me, i am moving into a new house soon, i want the living room theme colour to be red and black. I am having a stone fireplace which goes all the way to the ceiling this is the focal feature in the room, the fire will be inserted and the tv inserted into the stone so it will be flushed with it. I would like black curtains (i have 4 windows in this room) i will accessorise the black with red swags over the curtains, i will have nice black vases and red flower twigs in them to accessorise, i was thinking of painting the wall which will be behind the couch a red colour as this wall holds 2 of the windows and i thought it would pick the black curtains up nicely. Any opinions on should i paint this section of the room red??? Where im mainly stuck is trying to decide on what colour couch, im not getting a red one as i think red would be too strong a colour for the couch, i was thinking black with red retro cushions or cream with both red and black cushions, do you think the black couch would be over the top with the black curtains behind it or would the cream calm the room down or would it look out of place, the room is pretty long so i am gettinga U shaped couch so it will be pretty big in the room but not sure what colour as this could make or break the room. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. Loading...

3. gnomelover

gnomelover New Seed

It is my belief that red should be a snap of color .For instance you were saying about the curtains .I would have the ropes black with red holders and maybe the trim on the tassles could be red . You want small accents. A nice wall color could be a slate to a charcoal grey . Another possibility would be mahogany accents which also blends black and red into a nice wine color. hopefully you can use some of these ideas good luck with your endeavor. GL