Herbs in kitchen

Discussion in 'Herb Gardening' started by AnnsGarden, May 10, 2018.

1. AnnsGarden

AnnsGarden New Seed

Hello everyone! I love planting herbs and other plants that I can use in my kitchen in future! In my 'collection' I have now only basil and mint, but I want to make my 'collection' bigger. I came here to ask you what herbs do you have in your homes? And how do you take care of them? Do you use them while cooking? Of course if you have some tasty recipes that I can use you can tell me!

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Our herbs are out in the gardens--either in pots or in-ground. We have parsley, dill, oregano, basil, Mexican tarragon (French tarragon doesn't do well with our heat and humidity, but is a lovely herb if you can grow it), and thyme. I find parsley, basil and thyme the most useful. We rarely have a meal without some herb gracing one of the dishes. My husband has become used to seeing bits of greenery in almost everything but ice cream. I'm working on that . . . .
    Here is a recipe for a version of focaccia bread which is an Italian herb bread. I posted this previously on the recipes discussions. https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/herb-bread.39080/

4. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

The only herbs I have in the house are basil, parsley, garlic chives and chervil. I am very boring with herbs and tend to only use them fresh as I love their fresh flavours so have them as a salad leaf. On the allotment I am also growing fennel and coriander (cilantro).