Hey There from Midwest USA!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by SylvieB, Feb 21, 2017.

1. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Hey, everyone! I'm Sylvie, a newbie, and I thought I would introduce myself :)

I grew up helping in our wee family garden and with a few flower beds, but since then I've been strictly a 'sticking a few pots of whatever flowers on my apartment balcony' kind of person.

I did however recently buy my own home and am moving there in 2 months. I have big plans of course, to start a garden of my own and plant as many flowers as I can, but I realize I may need some advice, tips, and tricks in those areas ;) I recently bought some Jiffy pots and about 10 packets of seeds/herbs, thinking it might be good to start some things indoors. That, however, produced questions so I went hunting online for a garden forum and found you all.

I hope I meet lots of great people and learn a lot!

2ofus and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi SylvieB welcome to GardenStew from north central Texas, where winter hit for 3 days in early January didn't like what she saw and took off for places unknown. :(
    As you get started on your garden, please take and share with us lots of photos so we can join in your excitement about your new gardening life.
    Any questions you have don't hesitate to ask. There are aspects of gardening that we are all learning about and all of us learn something new with every question asked.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello there Sylvie and this time a warm welcome to GardenStew from Scotland. We love before, in progress and after photographs so be sure to share your new garden with us all. I look forward to getting to know you. We're here to help so ask as many questions as you like and there's bound to be someone here who can give you advice.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Sylvie and a top, public welcome to GardenStew :hi: I'm glad you found us on your gardening forum hunt. Congrats on your new home!

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Welcome from central Texas! Your new home and your new gardens will give you so much pleasure. As Toni said, we are all "learners" about gardening, no matter how many years we've been at it. Please keep us posted on your progress, ask any questions you may have, and enjoy your greenery!

7. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Welcome from Canada! :)

8. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! I appreciate it :D