House exterior paint - any advise?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by haru79, Apr 6, 2009.

1. haru79

haru79 New Seed

Hi all, I would really like to ask of any kind opinion on how to make an improvement in the attached picture below.

I have painted my renovated house to the lacquered brown and light yellow coloured as shown in the picture; however I felt that something is missing from the house exterior - maybe the color - so, I would really appreciate it if you guys can give me some creative imagination; maybe, or some expert opinion on how to improve the colour of the house exterior?

Thanks so much !!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Haru your photograph isn't in your post. Do you think you could re-submit it for us?

4. haru79

haru79 New Seed

Sorry, re-attached the picture for your viewing, Please comment - thanks so much in advance !!!

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from haru79's Garden )

5. ThomasWilliams

ThomasWilliams New Seed

It's looking big house. I think you take advice any expert painter

Advertisement
  6. methew

methew New Seed

Different exterior surfaces require different types of paint and sometimes primer. Generally, use primer whenever paints layered over one another may be incompatible (acrylic- over oil-based paint, for example), when the underlying surface may be porous (such as with bare wood), or when there is already a layer of existing paint that has fallen into disrepair.

7. Frankie Heath

Frankie Heath New Seed

re

I personally am a fan of a medium intensity sandy tan for the body of the house, crisp white trim and black door and shutters
    All paints are made by a few companies and marketed under many different brand names, so it doesn't really matter what brand you use as long as it is the best quality they have.

Moderator's note: Web link deleted.
    Please read: http://www.gardenstew.com/about4111.html

8. nicolettedesign

nicolettedesign New Seed

The colors are mismatched, especially considering the houses around have very different color scheme. Try keeping the walls of your house to a consistent color, and use white beams to accent it.

9. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I like the sunny yellow and orche colors you have chosen. They go well with the green of the neighboring bungelow. You may have just started a trend in the neighborhood :)

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I also like the ochre color scheme. You want your house to be different from the two on each side, so there will be a demarcation line. Otherwise you won't know where each house begins and ends. You could even paint it a darker color, such as a medium brown with white as the accent color. Be sure and show us finished pictures. Good luck and happy painting. :stew2:

11. sntferanch

sntferanch New Seed

boy that's one big house. I'm not an expert when it comes to this, but if that's my house, I'll paint it with a combination of spanish red and plain white. don't know if you can dig that :oops: