How do I get rid of fire ants without hurting lizards&frogs

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by DaphDaph, Aug 7, 2007.

1. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

How do I get rid of fire ants without hurting lizards&fr

I've read the post on getting rid of ants but I'm unsure which one the try. I have hundreds of (live next to the wetlands) of frogs and lizards that I do not want to harm. Lots of baby frogs about the size of a thumbtack head hopping all over.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Fire Ants are in South Carolina ? My ant poison doesn't bother any of insects are lizards or fire ants for that matter .If you find a poison that work please let us Texans know what it is. There is all kinds but it just moves them to your neighbors and they poison and moves them back.

4. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

Glendann
    That's exactly what happens here. Everytime I think I've gotten one, two more pop up.
    I would just leave them be but my doggies were biten and I can't have my babies bit by those ants.

I'll definitely let you know if I find something.

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

They are so bad here in Texas its unreal.I have a neighbor that buys Logic from the feed store and puts
    out all over his yard area annd around the barns and it gets rid of them until the next year.The problem is its very expensive.You might check out your local feed store.